We are currently hiring for these positions. PLEASE USE FORM AT BOTTOM TO SUBMIT
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Newsletter Creation
- Website Journal Blogging (Creative Writing)
- Feedback Response
- User Relations
- Video Production Assistance (no experience needed)
- Respond to fan emails and messages
Experience, Skills, Knowledge, Abilities, or Education Required:
- Creative Writing / Blogging
- Social Media
- WordPress basics (can train)
- Knife knowledge a plus but can be trained
- Social Media managers such as Hootsuite
- Assist in Photo Cropping and Editing
- Analytical Mindset
- Creative mindset
- Good Ethics
- Responsible Time Management
- Quick learning skillset
The Media Assistant will answer to the Marketing Creative Director and the Social Media Director. This is a full time position.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
* Administer quality assurance policies and procedures
* Interpret and follow quality assurance standards and procedures
* Follow sampling procedures and directions for recording and reporting quality data
* Review the implementation and efficiency of quality and inspection systems
* Conduct and monitor testing and inspection of materials and products to ensure finished product quality
* Document internal audits and other quality assurance activities
* Investigate material complaints and non-conformance issues
* Collect and compile statistical quality data
* Analyze data to identify areas for improvement in the quality system
* Develop, recommend and monitor corrective and preventive actions
* Prepare reports to communicate outcomes of quality activities
* Assist with training needs and organize training interventions to meet quality standards
* Evaluate audit findings and implement appropriate corrective actions
* Responsible for document management systems
* 5 years manufacturing experience preferably in Quality
* Quality inspection, auditing and testing experience
* Experience with implementation of corrective action programs
* Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office and databases
* Knowledge of tools, concepts and methodologies of QA
* Knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements
* Attention to detail
* Communication skills – verbal and written
* Data collection, management and analysis to include GR&R studies, capability studies, process auditing
* Problem analysis and problem solving
* Planning and organizing
* Blue Print reading, gage use
* Understand CMM operation, Optical comparator
* Good work ethic, teamwor
- Able to receive and retain advanced CNC operation, setup and program adjustments training to assist the mills and lathe team in producing consistent parts to spec and on schedule.
- Create tooling offsets and adjustments to manufacturer to consistently close tolerances
- Set tools, calibrate and operate CNC machines and lathes for various operations including turning, drilling, boring, threading, tapping and milling
- Interpret blueprints/engineering drawings
- Ability to recognize and correct malfunctions
- Work in a team atmosphere to assist/instruct coworkers with machining techniques
- Maintain and uphold confidentiality agreement
The ideal candidate should have the following skill set:
- 5+ years experience preferred
- Setup and operating mills and lathes in a production environment
- Ability to read and interpret engineering blueprints
- Manufacture to close tolerances
- Run multiple machines
- Recognize and correct malfunctions
- Ability/flexibility to deal with varying changeover rate
- Effective communication and teamwork skills
- Knowledge of raw materials and speeds and feeds of machine tools for efficient operation
- Observant about changes in part characteristics
- Observant about changes in machine sounds and operations
- Analytical, adaptable, and personable
Job Type: Full-time
- CNC Operator: 3 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
If less than two years PROFESSIONAL sharpening experience, DO NOT APPLY
Sets up and operates belt, wheel, and buff sharpeners to sharpen knives to a razor sharp edge. Sharpens new knives as well as knives returned for warranty repair. Selects the appropriate fixtures, belts, and equipment based on documented instructions and knowledge of blade types. Replaces worn abrasive wheels and belts. Inspects knife cutting edge visually and through paper cutting tests, using subjective judgment to ensure edge cosmetics and sharpness. May assist with assembly, cleaning, and boxing of knives.
- Hand sharpen knife blades using belt and buff sharpeners. Manually control edge contour.
- Set up, operate, or tend grinding and related tools that remove excess material or burrs from surfaces, sharpen edges or corners, or buff, hone, or polish metal work pieces.
- Inspect sharpened blade for edge contour, ability to cut, and lack of burrs on blade edge.
- Set up fixturing as required on buff sharpener.
- Change abrasive belts and wheels as required to ensure product quality.
- Sharpen warranty returns, often repairing damage to blade edge.
- Empty dust collectors and change air filters.
- Determine if a component is scrap and record defect.
- Consistently meet production and quality requirements.
- Complete required documentation such as tracking quantity completed.
- Assist in Assembly area as requested to assemble parts or knives, clean knives, and package completed knives.
- Active Learning – Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Operation and Control â€“ Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
- Quality Control Analysis – Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Judgment and Decision Making – Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Troubleshooting – Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Applicants with less than two years PROFESSIONAL sharpening experience need not apply.
- Minimum two years experience in a production environment.
- Must have excellent manual dexterity.
- Must have good attention to detail.
- Must be able to exercise good judgment in performing subjective inspections such as cosmetic criteria and determining knife sharpness and contour uniformity.
- Must have strong attention to utilizing safe practices.
- Must be able to work well in a team environment.
- Must be able to work in a flow line and meet paced production rates.
- Must be able to understand and follow written/oral instructions in English.
- Must have High School diploma or equivalent.
Job Type: Full-time
- PROFESSIONAL sharpening: 2 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Experienced tool maker, preferably with state certification
- Knowledge and confidence in manual mill, lathe and grinder machining
- Familiarity and knowledge with prototype CNC machining
- Troubleshooting skills – ability to recognize and correct inconsistencies
- Manufacturer to consistently close tolerances
- Work in a team atmosphere to assist / instruct co-workers with machining techniques
- Effective communication and teamwork skills
- Maintain and uphold confidentiality standards
- Willing to work overtime when necessary
- Conduct test runs with completed tools or dies to ensure that parts meet specifications; make adjustments as necessary.
- Cut, shape, and trim blanks or blocks to specified lengths or shapes, using power saws, power shears, rules, and hand tools.
- File, grind, shim, and adjust different parts to properly fit them together.
- Fit and assemble parts to make, repair, or modify dies, jigs, gauges, and tools, using machine tools and hand tools.
- Inspect for smoothness, contour conformity, and defects.
- Lift, position, and secure machined parts on surface plates or worktables, using hoists, vises, v-blocks, or angle plates.
- Measure, mark, and scribe stock to lay out machining, using instruments such as protractors, micrometers, scribes, and rulers.
- Select metals to be used from a range of metals and alloys, based on properties such as hardness and heat tolerance.
- Set up and operate conventional or computer numerically controlled machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, and grinders to cut, bore, grind, or otherwise shape parts to prescribed dimensions and finishes.
- Set up and operate drill presses to drill and tap holes in parts for assembly.
- Smooth and polish flat and contoured surfaces of parts or tools, using scrapers, abrasive stones, files, emery cloths, or power grinders.
- Study blueprints, sketches, models, or specifications to plan sequences of operations for fabricating tools, dies, or assemblies.
- Verify dimensions, alignments, and clearances of finished parts for conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as calipers, gauge blocks, micrometers, and dial indicators.
- Visualize and compute dimensions, sizes, shapes, and tolerances of assemblies, based on specifications.
- Cast plastic tools or parts, or tungsten-carbide cutting tips, using pre-made molds.
- Design jigs, fixtures, and templates for use as work aids in the fabrication of parts or products.
- Develop and design new tools and dies, using computer-aided design software.
- Set pyrometer controls of heat-treating furnaces, and feed or place parts, tools, or assemblies into furnaces to harden.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work as an intelligent individual to assemble and test entire products or components
- Perform various tasks for specific production processes
- Conduct quality inspections on products and parts
- Cleaning, packaging inspection of products
- Prepare finished products for shipment
- Organize parts
- Stamp out inlays and pocket clips
- Meet weekly quotas without compromising quality
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area
- Complete required manufacturing documentation
- Knowledge of basic math/measuring/hand tools
- Familiarity with assembly tools and equipment
- Ability to work self-directed
- Good dexterity and attention to details
- Versatile and Flexible, enjoys working in a small business environment
- Effective Communication and teamwork skills
Job Type: Full-time
- Driver’s License (Required)
- Performs a variety of hand skill operations to blast, grind, refine, polish and deburr surfaces of metal, wood, or synthetic knife parts in the form of castings, machined parts, and blanks.
- May use belt sanders, blasting machines, abrasive wheels, buffing wheels, presses, files, drill presses, manual mills, or HEFS (High Energy Finishing System).
- Visually inspects and feels surfaces to identify defects.
- Replaces worn belts, wheels, etc. using wrenches.
- Sets up and operates drill press or manual mill to perform machining operations such as drilling, reaming, countersinking or tapping of holes in metal parts according to process instructions.
- Reads process control instructions and job travelers for product/operation specifications.
- May use calipers, micrometers, and fixed gauges to ensure quality specifications are met.
- Job Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Perform repetitive hand finishing operations using various powered and hand equipment.
- Perform visual inspection of parts ensuring cosmetic requirements are met.
- Inspect manufactured parts to a PCI and identify dimensional quality issues.
- Consistently meet production, quality, and attendance requirements.
- Maintain cleanliness and orderliness of work area.
- Complete all necessary documentation.
- Experience, Skills, Knowledge, Abilities, or Education Required:
- Strong attention to detail and good hand-eye skill.
- Good general math knowledge.
- Able to communicate, understand and follow written/oral instructions in English.
- HS diploma, GED, or equivalent required.
- 6 months experience in a production environment required; one year preferred.
- Experience with inspection tools (micrometers, calipers, dial indicator, refractometer) preferred.
- Able to work in a manufacturing environment (exposure to dust, noise, heat, cold, oils and coolants).
- Able to lift up to 30lbs repetitively, 50 lbs occasionally.
- Available for occasional overtime as needed.
- Safety/Personal Protective Equipment Required:
- Safety eyewear.
- Closed-toed shoes required for all positions in the mfg area.
- Wear Kevlar gloves when handling sharpened knives.
- How many years of Inspection Tool experience do you have?
- How many years of Manufacturing experience do you have?
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?