We are currently hiring for these positions. PLEASE USE FORM AT BOTTOM TO SUBMIT.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
* Administer quality assurance policies and procedures
* Interpret and follow quality assurance standards and procedures
* Follow sampling procedures and directions for recording and reporting quality data
* Review the implementation and efficiency of quality and inspection systems
* Conduct and monitor testing and inspection of materials and products to ensure finished product quality
* Document internal audits and other quality assurance activities
* Investigate material complaints and non-conformance issues
* Collect and compile statistical quality data
* Analyze data to identify areas for improvement in the quality system
* Develop, recommend and monitor corrective and preventive actions
* Prepare reports to communicate outcomes of quality activities
* Assist with training needs and organize training interventions to meet quality standards
* Evaluate audit findings and implement appropriate corrective actions
* Responsible for document management systems
* 5 years manufacturing experience preferably in Quality
* Quality inspection, auditing and testing experience
* Experience with implementation of corrective action programs
* Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office and databases
* Knowledge of tools, concepts and methodologies of QA
* Knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements
* Attention to detail
* Communication skills – verbal and written
* Data collection, management and analysis to include GR&R studies, capability studies, process auditing
* Problem analysis and problem solving
* Planning and organizing
* Blue Print reading, gage use
* Understand CMM operation, Optical comparator
* Good work ethic, teamwor
- Able to receive and retain advanced CNC operation, setup and program adjustments training to assist the mills and lathe team in producing consistent parts to spec and on schedule.
- Create tooling offsets and adjustments to manufacturer to consistently close tolerances
- Set tools, calibrate and operate CNC machines and lathes for various operations including turning, drilling, boring, threading, tapping and milling
- Interpret blueprints/engineering drawings
- Ability to recognize and correct malfunctions
- Work in a team atmosphere to assist/instruct coworkers with machining techniques
- Maintain and uphold confidentiality agreement
The ideal candidate should have the following skill set:
- 5+ years experience preferred
- Setup and operating mills and lathes in a production environment
- Ability to read and interpret engineering blueprints
- Manufacture to close tolerances
- Run multiple machines
- Recognize and correct malfunctions
- Ability/flexibility to deal with varying changeover rate
- Effective communication and teamwork skills
- Knowledge of raw materials and speeds and feeds of machine tools for efficient operation
- Observant about changes in part characteristics
- Observant about changes in machine sounds and operations
- Analytical, adaptable, and personable
Job Type: Full-time
- CNC Operator: 3 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Experienced tool maker, preferably with state certification
- Knowledge and confidence in manual mill, lathe and grinder machining
- Familiarity and knowledge with prototype CNC machining
- Troubleshooting skills – ability to recognize and correct inconsistencies
- Manufacturer to consistently close tolerances
- Work in a team atmosphere to assist / instruct co-workers with machining techniques
- Effective communication and teamwork skills
- Maintain and uphold confidentiality standards
- Willing to work overtime when necessary
- Conduct test runs with completed tools or dies to ensure that parts meet specifications; make adjustments as necessary.
- Cut, shape, and trim blanks or blocks to specified lengths or shapes, using power saws, power shears, rules, and hand tools.
- File, grind, shim, and adjust different parts to properly fit them together.
- Fit and assemble parts to make, repair, or modify dies, jigs, gauges, and tools, using machine tools and hand tools.
- Inspect for smoothness, contour conformity, and defects.
- Lift, position, and secure machined parts on surface plates or worktables, using hoists, vises, v-blocks, or angle plates.
- Measure, mark, and scribe stock to lay out machining, using instruments such as protractors, micrometers, scribes, and rulers.
- Select metals to be used from a range of metals and alloys, based on properties such as hardness and heat tolerance.
- Set up and operate conventional or computer numerically controlled machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, and grinders to cut, bore, grind, or otherwise shape parts to prescribed dimensions and finishes.
- Set up and operate drill presses to drill and tap holes in parts for assembly.
- Smooth and polish flat and contoured surfaces of parts or tools, using scrapers, abrasive stones, files, emery cloths, or power grinders.
- Study blueprints, sketches, models, or specifications to plan sequences of operations for fabricating tools, dies, or assemblies.
- Verify dimensions, alignments, and clearances of finished parts for conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as calipers, gauge blocks, micrometers, and dial indicators.
- Visualize and compute dimensions, sizes, shapes, and tolerances of assemblies, based on specifications.
- Cast plastic tools or parts, or tungsten-carbide cutting tips, using pre-made molds.
- Design jigs, fixtures, and templates for use as work aids in the fabrication of parts or products.
- Develop and design new tools and dies, using computer-aided design software.
- Set pyrometer controls of heat-treating furnaces, and feed or place parts, tools, or assemblies into furnaces to harden.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work as an intelligent individual to assemble and test entire products or components
- Perform various tasks for specific production processes
- Conduct quality inspections on products and parts
- Cleaning, packaging inspection of products
- Prepare finished products for shipment
- Organize parts
- Stamp out inlays and pocket clips
- Meet weekly quotas without compromising quality
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area
- Complete required manufacturing documentation
- Knowledge of basic math/measuring/hand tools
- Familiarity with assembly tools and equipment
- Ability to work self-directed
- Good dexterity and attention to details
- Versatile and Flexible, enjoys working in a small business environment
- Effective Communication and teamwork skills
Job Type: Full-time
- Driver’s License (Required)